Women in Global Organisations Peer Mentoring Programme
The Women in Global Organisations (WGO) programme is designed to advance leadership skills in a safe and trusted environment. Working in small cross company, cross sector, cross functional groups, participants have the opportunity to explore practices, share insights, compare experiences, gather new perspectives and try out ideas with an exceptional group of peers. Participants are re-energised, prepared to inspire and lead colleagues with lasting impact.
Who is the Programme Aimed at?
- Senior female leaders within American Chamber member organisations, with a minimum of 10 years' professional experience
- Executives who must be prepared to lead their organisations though periods of disruptive innovation and rapid change
There are 5 key areas of focus that will be explored in depth and led by subject matter experts.
- Orientation & Networking
- Influence & Persuasion
What is the Programme structure?
- 3 individual cohorts based on region
- Eastern Region: Dublin, Kildare, Laois, Longford, Louth, Cavan, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Wicklow & Westmeath
- Southern Region: Carlow, Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford & Wexford
- Western Region: Clare, Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Limerick, Mayo, Roscommon & Sligo
- 50 participants per class / location
- 1 online session and 4 in-person sessions
- The programme will run from September 2023 to March 2024
- Each session takes a maximum of 3 hours and will take place from 10am- 1pm
- Each session will be organised to maximise networking opportunities
- Peer groups are formed of up to 8 people - participants will work with that group across the 5 sessions
The application process will open on Monday, the 10th of July 2023 and remain open until Friday 18th of August 2023. All successful applicants will be informed shortly thereafter.
- Participants are nominated by their company, who are members of the American Chamber of Commerce.
- Nominees have a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience; will likely have completed internal leadership training.
- Candidates are selected to maximise diversity of participants (role/sector/ organisation), which may mean only one person per company.
- 100% attendance is expected throughout the programme
What our graduates say...
The diversity of membership, breadth of experience and empowered mentorship that I have been able to access through this programme has been invaluable. Learning, sharing and most importantly belonging has been crucial to the development of my own professional and personal growth mindset.
The Peer Mentoring Programme offers excellent tools to apply in both personal and professional contexts, as well as providing a space for open and insightful conversations. Learning is fun while making great connections with incredible women
The standard of the graduates and the level of high quality interaction and course materials made the AmCham peer mentoring programme a highly valuable investment of time'
Engagement in American Chamber of Commerce leadership and mentoring programs have been a fantastic experience to network and learn in a high growth team environment