The American Chamber of Commerce Ireland (AmCham) is the leadership voice of US business in Ireland representing over 700 companies, including many household names. Our key activities are advocacy and networking. American Chamber membership includes US companies operating from Ireland, Irish companies expanding in the US and organisations with strong bilateral links between Ireland and the US.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your communications and public affairs career within one of Ireland’s most influential business groups. It will provide you with the platform to work with leaders of international and global businesses, the media and Government.
This role is responsible for supporting the advocacy and communications work of the American Chamber of Commerce Ireland. The ideal candidate should have an appropriate third level qualification*, an interest in the public affairs and the media landscape in Ireland.
Strong knowledge of design and printing processes is required. You will have a sharp eye for detail, along with strong planning, organisational and time management skills as you will be required to meet tight deadlines on digital content, publications and in the running of events.
You will also be expected to have a strong interest in all aspects of communications including digital communication, website management, social media platforms, video and new media.
*Relevant third level qualifications include: Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Digital Media, Policy/Public Affairs, International Business/Relations or Politics
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Experienced & Skills Required:
- Creation of compelling stories and case studies to promote the work of the organisation through thein media and other channels, in line with the organisation’s priorities
- Responsible for brand identity and contributing to the future development of the brand.
- Plan and implement communications campaigns across AmCham’s digital platforms Manage and driving the Chamber’s social media strategy
- Content creation and production management of print publications/research papers
- Management of the American Chamber website redesign process.
- Support with the organisation and logistics of AmCham Working Groups
- Support various economic and policy events including compiling the agenda, targeting stakeholder participants and preparing background material.
- Tracking relevant media coverage/political activities and reporting these on a daily or weekly basis as required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years relevant post qualification experience.
- Experience in the use of website content management systems and digital tools and social media platforms essential. Digital marketing qualification an advantage.
- Experience dealing with sponsorship relationships.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and professional communication skills with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Is self-motivated and can prioritise own workload.
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
CV and cover note should be emailed to Stephen Hopkins at email@example.com titled ‘Communications Executive’ by 5pm Wednesday February