Now in their fifth year, The US-Ireland Research Innovation Awards recognise excellence in research innovation, creation and invention by an organisation, as a result of US foreign direct investment (FDI) in Ireland. The winners will be announced on 17 May at the Chamber’s Annual Dinner. The shortlisted candidates are as follows:
- UCD and LERO SFI Research Centre with Microsoft:
- UNESCO Chair Institute of Technology, Tralee with IHRSA, Boston
- NUI Galway with Boston Scientific
- Microsoft Research Ireland
- Avectas with Mintz Levin
- Allergy Standards Ltd with Asthma Allergy Foundation of America
There are three categories: Irish operations of a US multinational company; higher education institution research centres or institutes; and Irish SMEs with a link to the US corporate sector. The Awards are a collaboration between the American Chamber of Commerce Ireland and the Royal Irish Academy. They are generously supported by KPMG and Ulster Bank with media partner The Irish Times.