Investment and trade briefing
- Venue: William Fry
9:00 - 10:30 11/05/2015
We are delighted to invite you to an investment and trade briefing with a business delegation from St Louis, Missouri, USA, led by Mayor Francis Slay.
Greater St. Louis has long marketed itself as the gateway to the American West with 19 Fortune 1000 companies calling St. Louis home, along them Enterprise Rent-a-Car and World Wide Technology. It has a business climate primed for continued growth, forging new frontiers in innovative and exciting industries including: Financial and Information Services, Bioscience, Multi-modal Logistics & Manufacturing and Health Science and Services.
St. Louis is:
- Home to the fastest growing incubator in the U.S.: T-Rex.
- The 19th largest metropolitan area in the U.S.
- The 9th most cost-competitive large metro location to do business in the U.S.
- 1st for competitive Electric Power and 2nd for Annual Corporate Travel costs.
- 7th in the "Top 10 Large American Cities of the Future 2013/14 - Human Resources" which includes over 400 cities throughout North America and Latin America.
- Highly educated: 30% of +25s with degrees or higher; exceeding the national average
Companies within the delegation include: RGA International Reinsurance Company Limited, Burns & McDonnell, FleishmanHillard, BioSTL, MasterCard Technologies, Monsanto, Mallinckrodt, Novus International, Unico, St. Louis Regional Chamber, St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission, Saint Louis University, Webster University, St Louis World Trade Center and The Berrick Partnership LLC.