The American Chamber of Commerce Ireland is pleased to announce the establishment of an internship program. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working closely with the Chamber's programs, communications and outreach teams. The successful applicant will develop a deep understanding of the US - Ireland business relationship, the policy and advocacy work of the Chamber, as well as the outreach to our member companies, including new programs focused on developing future leaders and connecting with emerging Foreign Direct Investment companies. The experience will facilitate the successful candidate’s development of their own skills and talents - including communication, marketing, event planning, research and writing skills.
The Chamber is currently seeking interns for the Fall Semester for a three-month placement to begin in September 2017 until December 2017.
About the Chamber
As the leadership voice for the 700 plus US companies located in Ireland, the American Chamber of Commerce Ireland strives to keep Ireland as the global location of choice for US foreign direct investment. This is achieved by providing unique networking opportunities for our members through hosting a variety of events, in addition to representing members' priorities to government and key decision makers. Our membership is comprised of US companies in Ireland, supporting Irish companies as well as Irish companies with business operations in the US. We proudly showcase the exciting work of our members happening across all sectors and regions of Ireland.
Working as part of a busy team, the successful applicants' duties will include:
- Preparations for flagship and outreach events
- Research on assigned policy topics
- Preparation of social media strategy and associated campaigns
- Building the Chamber's contact database
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Recent graduate or current post-graduate student
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to organise time, work independently, coordinate and prioritise multiple tasks, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner
- Strong computer skill and proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications
- Enthusiasm and interest in working in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in and proficiency in social media
- An interest in the US - Ireland business relationship
The internship is a part-time position (20 hours per week). This is an unpaid position, but a contribution towards living expenses will be made. Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm, but hours can be flexible to suit current study program if required. In addition, interns may be required to provide assistance at events outside of these hours.
These internships are available during the Fall and Spring Semesters (September – December and March – June). Interested applicants should send an up to date CV details their education and experience to date and a brief covering email setting out the reasons for your interest in the position.
The Chamber is currently accepting applications for the Fall Semester. Application deadline is 5pm on Friday 1 September 2017 to Ciara Rushe, email@example.com.